Monday, August 25, 2008

Wild Wet Weekend















As you can see, I spent my weekend, skipping rocks, platform diving, sliding/floating/bumping my butts in a stream. Well actually 2 streams...

I went with Rae, Alex and Emily to Miaoli, 2 hours drive south-west of Taipei. It's called 溯溪 or River tracing, popular in Taiwan.
We were deep in Ayatal aboriginal lands, nestled amongst the beautiful mountains, where the air is pure, the stream waters icy cold and crystal clear, with birds & insects chirping and the sounds of water gushing down waterfalls... Being one with nature, and I loved it!
Altogether we walked in 2 streams. A baby one on Saturday and a much harder one with bigger rapids on Sunday. Thankfully I bought new booties just before the trip that comes with green-wool sponge attached. It's uniquely Taiwanese and creates very good grip on slippery rocks.
My camera isn't waterproof - but the others in the group had great pictures -http://photo.pchome.com.tw/spark00/082/
I really enjoyed the weekend, the only thing that got me was the icy water temperature 22degrees.. brr!
After all that activity, I managed a nap, ahhh...




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This looks fun!!! I have to learn from you, and be more gung-ho. Especially here in California where there's so much nature and outdoor activities! :)