Friday, November 05, 2010

I have tendovaginitis?

My right hand ring finger & left hand middle finger are both rather sore from overclimbing.  Saturday's climb session in particular was pretty bad seeing how the soreness which usually recedes after a day or 2 did not, despite my taking enough care to ice the tweaked fingers on Sunday morning.


I skipped the usual Tue climb night pleading that my fingers need a break.  Ms Hardcore expressed concern and even did some research for me.  She sent me an email saying that I have a condition called tendovaginitis.  I reprint excepts from her email :


Tendovaginitis is the inflammation of the tendon and its surrounding sheath, also known as the synovium. Some tendons are covered by the sheath but there are others which are not. The synovium produces a small quantity of oily fluid that is released in between the tendon and its overlying sheath. This oily fluid helps the tendon to move smoothly and freely as it pulls on the attached bone.
The common signs of tendovaginitis are pain, swelling and tenderness on the affected joint. In most cases, movement of the inflamed joint must be reduced immediately to allow healing to take place. At times, the pain lasts for a couple of days and goes away without any need for medical treatment and medication. But in other instances, the pain and swelling continues for months especially if the injury is left untreated


If you're thinking, aww, your friends care so much.  Think again.


Jo nagged me so after the climb, we found a 24hour clinic nearby the coffee shop in Yishun.  And she was sweet enough to accompany me to see the doctor. 


We had this really young-ish male doctor.  He muttered something like he didn't know what to write as diganosis.  So in a ta-dah moment, I offered him help, whipped out my iPhone and found that very helpful email on the condition I have.  He did very well not to burst into laughter.   Then he wrote tendonitis on a piece of paper for me and said he assumes my vagina is fine - just the finger that's hurting.   >_<


Of cos Jo laughed hysterically all the way back to the carpark.  Bet she's telling Eric and they're both laughing again.


I need new friends. 

6 comments:

Zi said...

HAHAHHHAHAHA I ALMOST DIED LAUGHING!!!

but after calming down, pls go google ok!!!! it's joints!!! vaginas have no joints!! >;(

-+Vivi3n FaiTh+- said...

muahahaha!!! ROFL!!!

Matt said...

I have the same issues in my ring finger. Have you found any solutions to your problem?

yanmaneee said...

kd shoes
timberland boots
supreme clothing
adidas yeezy
vans
huarache shoes
jordan 1 off white
paul george shoes
curry 6
jordan shoes

sheastesl said...

l4l43s2t43 s1j66s7b20 j7k56k8u05 b9w20d9e56 g7j52v0b20 k7r40j6k64

Anonymous said...

w6r44j0s18 g7s22d2n50 c0x78x1q28 j6i70l6c47 i9t59t7t02 o2i68p9n50