Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Almost Christmas

I spent the last weekend attempting to walk 50km.  I was greatly humbled, when I decided to quit at the 26km mark when we walked by Buona Vista MRT station.  The soles of my feet, my foot arc, my knees and shoulders were aching, but most of all, my right ankle was starting to throb real bad.  I figured, I could endure the pain and finish the walk, but since I was that close to home and my good buddies were quitting as well, I might as well throw in the towel.

Walking, apparently, isn't all that easy.  I thought I could go on and on... My aged body didn't think so.

I've hung up the Christmas wreath, I've gone to Penitential mass, now it's time to prepare my list of blessings this year.  So here goes :
- traveled a fair bit in 2010 : US, India, HK, Shenzhen in China, Krabi again.
- my mom and I are friends now.  It's truly amazing.  I enjoyed India with her!
- my health is good and I'm healthier/sportier amongst my hardcore buddies.
- my hardcore buddies who are nice enough to know when to suck it in and when to buy me lunch.  Aww...
- the really smooth transition back to Singapore while balancing the demanding job in Motorola.  I love my car!
- enjoying the break and catching up with friends in a relaxed way not possible with a full time job.
- upgrading my status to Aunt-to-be cum godma-to-be with Ian & Michy's baby. 
- my family & friends who stuck by me through the icky times all thru the years.

No comments: