Monday, May 14, 2007

Cycling Mandai Road

I've been meaning to cycle Mandai but somehow, fear of being roadkill on Singapore roads and also I guess just never gotten round to it.

Until Yingzi suggested cycling to Yishun to climb instead of driving there.

Since I've been binging on seafood twice that week, decided it may be time to work off my butts.

We met along 6th Avenue and started down through the length of Bukit Timah, then into Mandai Road. It only got less scary after Mandai when the no. of cars pettered out. But then the rolling hills started. *Groan*

But it was fun! It took us slightly over 1 hour to do the 30km ride. So quite proud of myself. It helped that Yingzi took off at a crazy pace along Mandai and I had to chase her down.

Amazingly after a short rest and 1 bottle of 100-Plus, we could still climb!

No comments: