Thursday, December 20, 2007

Forgiveness

What is it about the year end anyways? Why do people feel melancholy and depressed all at the same time? Why feel the need to reflect upon the year only after the entire year has passed you by and it is too late anyways to do anything about it other than sit and rue?

Despite being in Taiwan where Christmas isn't celebrated much - less of that crazy consumerism that drives me nuts. But yet, I miss Church, I miss Advent, I miss penitential mass, I miss pre-Christmas activities in Church.

Despite being in Houston for a marketing summit where I do get to feel a little more Christmassy, and get slightly caught up in the buying of Christmas gifts.. Yet, things don't feel any better.

Ok ok, I'm a contradiction.

I was listening to music and clearing emails/work that piled up from being away in Houston and also having my HDD die on me last day there. And this song hit me. It's all about forgiveness, letting go.

If there's 1 flaw/sin I have, and those who know me well will attest to this, is my ability to let go.

Don Henley & the Eagles on Forgiveness

No comments: