Thursday, April 17, 2008

Knifed - ouch...

Back to Taiwan.

As was the last time, I came home optimistic and cheerful.

The cheeriness lasted 3 days.

Mon-Wed I woke up internal body clock at 7.30am, walked to work, at my desk by 8.30am. Stayed positive.

Wed evening in my 1-on-1 with boss - she said that one of my teammates asked if I had gone back to Singapore for a job interview. Ouch!

I had informed my teammates that I was going to go home to settle my apartment matters. So the fact that someone had deliberately gone to ask boss to say something else shows one of 2
- they didn't believe me when I said I had to settle my apartment matters or,
- they were trying to do me in by creating an impression of a lack of loyalty to this team

In either case, ain't good. I'm screwed.

Reinforces how I always felt about this team - that one can only survive so long in an acidic environment without it eventually getting to you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Find work in Cupertino/Palo Alto!