Sunday, April 06, 2008

Home in sunny Singapore 2-13 April

I flew home to settle the legal matters for my apartment. I will own it for a couple of weeks before the transfer to the new owners. Sigh. So much for my 1st apartment in my lifetime, my dream apartment nestled in the rain forests.

I love Singapore, here...
- birds chirp everywhere here, it truly is what our Communications Minister said 'living in Singapore would be like living in a garden'.
- the air is fresh and warm
- people here WANT to eat lunch with me. I take appointments. Sigh...
- co-workers are professional, ok ok, they ain't texan rednecks. No need to draw at high-noon.

And you know what, I realise I've been in Taiwan too long when I caught myself
- missing & NEEDING a bubble tea fix BAD!
- after making payment for purchases, I stand and wait for the sweepstate receipt
- I miss the politeness of service folks - Singaporeans can be way way too brusque for our own good.

One more week of stuffing myself silly with local food and walking around sweating in the tropical heat...

No comments: