Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Guitar Lessons

After a mild hic-cup with Yamaha - they kept delaying the start of lessons. The 4th time in a row they pushed out the start, I asked for my $ back.

Went to Kawai - across the street from my place. Incidentally I first checked them out, but somehow assumed Yamaha would be more professional.

The good thing about Kawai, other than distance is that it's 1-on-1 coaching. Considering I'm a complete neophyte, perhaps it's a better thing. I had this mental picture of a sweet mild patient young lady teacher.

Instead this guy in a black leather jacket carrying a coffee - with a bad ass attitude to boot. Like a rocker! And he went on to waste most of the lessons impressing me with riffs from all genres. He likes bluegrass a lot - but I have this distaste for anything cowboy right now :(

He's pretty good and eventually we got to playing some. My rockclimber fingers - which I assumed would be strong, actually aren't! I can't stretch them out far apart enough. He also said I need to practise at least half to an hour daily. Gah!

It was interesting.

1 comment:

Bulesky said...

dear Fel
Finally, you attend the guitar class. It's a good news for you. God will show you the patient on playing the guitar. Because it needs more pratices.....Actually, i had praticed for half year..but still no improving ...I believe that you must be better and master then me on next month. Good luck and enjoy it . ^_^