Monday, March 17, 2008

It's dark out...

Sometime ago, 2007, in Singapore HP office, end of work day

Felicia - "oo, it's dark out, time to go home"
Singapore co-worker - "don't be ridiculous, turn your headlights on when you drive home"

Today, Mar 17 2008, Taiwan HP office, end of work day

Felicia - "oo, it's dark out, time to go home"
Taiwan co-worker - "don't be ridiculous, it's only 6pm"

As you can see, when it gets dark out, it doesn't necesarily mean time to go home.

Speaking of it being dark out, I was pretty bumped out last 2 weeks. Skipped all exercise, dinners out... stayed home and watched TV and pretty much convinced myself into depression.
Til Karine's realism... she is right - every job has it's ups and downs. And I realised how silly I was. I've forgotten to count my blessings.

Slowly snapped out of it this weekend. Went climbing and then to watch Taiwan's Bike Expo on Saturday (touched and felt all those super expensive racers).










Sunday morning I woke up earlier to watch the last stage of the Tour de Taiwan before going to 10.30mass at St John Bosco's. A deadly combination - speed, muscles and hunks :) I like!

And I have 1 more friend in Taiwan now - Kuansie officially moved over this weekend. And... now I can gatecrash the Far East Shangrila's gym. My muscles are still sore from yesterday - legs and arms from exertion and stomach from overeating at the eat-all-you-can mala hotpot place with Kuansie.

No comments: