Monday, March 03, 2008

Day Tour to Yeliu & Junming Museum

Garin & I had wanted to do this tour for a long time. Since Kim and her friend were here, we all went as a 4-some.

Yeliu are rocky outcrop carved out by erosion - the most famed of which is called Queen's Head.
The weather was perfect even the no. of tourists couldn't marr it - we kept getting swamped by the China & Korea contingents...
Next was the Junming Museum. But enroute, we managed to persuade the driver to take us to Teresa Teng's tomb. I have no idea why I wanted to go, guess cos it's nearby and on my tourist guide book :)
Junming is a pretty famous sculptor. When u see his works, then it all looks so familiar. We've had his stuff displayed all over back home. But he really blew me away especially with his wood works. Real creative guy and very very prolific. His works span the whole mountainside, from metal to bronze to stone to wood... I was really impressed.
Was a great tour! Worth every last $. Thank you e-go tour and Garin for making all the arrangements and bookings.
I'm also relieved to have my apartment back to myself.

No comments: