Monday, June 16, 2008

hmm.. more food?

Hmm.. what did I do this weekend? I set off with lofty goals, climb this mountain behind Shilin... but then, it rained so hard. Took Vinny to this 10ft gun range (air guns shooting pallets - yeah, the same one that Garin and I had so many laughs at). The difference with Vinny - he was intense, he was being Vinny the hitman. So serious, no talking, no laughing, no breaks, just shoot, reload, shoot, reload, shoot, reload...

And then... did we pig out. We topped ourselves. Our lunch/tea meal cost us 1400NT (about 70SGP) per person! Whew! But Bistro le Jadin - we picked it out of the Vogue magazine I was browsing

Address :
02) 2877-1178170, ZhongCheng Rd, Sec 2 (in Tien Mu next to the baseball stadium)
Hours: 7:30 am-10:30 pm

Our verdict? Very good food, dessert so-so, ambience good, pricey... And Vincent discovered the day AFTER we ate (when it was mostly digested) that showing them a weblink, we could've copped a few glass of wine each! Dang!

On Sunday we went out to ZhongLi to race go-karting. Garin was a speed demon, I don't know what happened to the conservative father, family man I thought he was. He came in 3rd and passed me on the circuit like 3 times. I hate him. Vinny the hitman clocked very decent times. I was slow but on my 2nd race, I caught up so much that I broke the car. Literally. Cool eh? (my Canadian accent showing?)

No comments: