Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Assimilation is Complete

Found myself downloading Jay Chou music on a Sat morning... I hereby pronounce myself truly assimilated to life in Taiwan.

Ignore the fact that just 2 days ago in China, the factory guys thought I was some ABC (American born Chinese).. Boo! They all came up to me speaking really stilted English cos someone told them that I don't speak Chinese. I'll kill whoever that's spreading such vicious rumours...

It was supposed to be a fun island weekend on Orchid Island. But as it turns out, Typhoon Sinlaku has other ideas.
Let's just say, there were some pretty long faces in the office yesterday. Those of us "supposed" to be lying on the beaches of Orchid Island.
And I have no clue what to do this really wet and windy weekend... lie in bed somemore or hit the gym..
PS I bought a bag for mom in Shanghai - and thanks Steph, but I made it safely out without any dramatics.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bring some Jay Chou CDs for me!