Monday, September 01, 2008

Sunday - Fitness 0, Culture 2

The excesses of the week caught up with me. Basketball with Paula (from the office) til late on Friday and some really hard routes at the Wanhua rock gym Sat morning plus the preparation run sessions I had all week over lunch -> it all took it's toil on me. I forget sometimes that my body is aging faster than my mind. Or is it the other way around... hmm...

In any case, I overslept my Nike Run on Sunday morning. I was all prepared! I was eager, I was excited, I was tired. I woke up with a start and it was 6.14am. Grr! And the weather was beautiful! And it was a new route - a 10km run! And the president of Taiwan ran too!

So when I met Ghee Hwee for church and lunch at 10-ish, I was super grumpy. Pissed at myself. Dumped on her and felt much better by end of Sunday. Poor Ghee Hwee...

Complained to her thru lunch and by the time the ballet started, I felt much better. :)

Oh yeah, we caught a ballet. The Russian Ballet was in town, we caught the Nutcracker Suite by Tchaikovsky. It was simply fantastic. I yelled bravo at the end of the performance, much to Ghee Hwee's consternation - she hissed 'this is a classy place!' at me.

We walked around the area afterwards and realised the Woolly Mammoth exhibits were on display at the Chiang Kai Shek memorial hall (just behind the National Theatre where the ballet performance was). It was ok, just a bunch of tasks and fur and lots of teeth. I guess a lot's lost in translation - it was almost 100% in Chinese.

Fitness 0 (for missing the 10k run)
Culture 2

Not a bad weekend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You p_g !!! How could you overslept your event!!? Don't they have alarm in taipei?? Guess I have to be around for your Dec marathon. Pinch your b_t_ if the alarm fails.

Felicia said...

Er.. yes... Opps!

Zi said...

francis wants to pinch fels butt!!! wooot woooot!!