Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Ash Wednesday!

To further reinforce the depressed mood everyone is in of late (with the added pain of a 5% salary cut), Lent is suddenly dumped upon us.

Went to Ash Wednesday bilingual mass (only the sermon) at St John Bosco.
I was happily singing in Chinese until the part where it goes, Lord grant me peace or, 主赐我平安. Unfortunately I sang it as 主踢我平安 or, Lord kick me into peace. You will not believe how much restraint it took, not bursting into laughter in a very solemn mass.
After mass, I took a bus home, stopping by the nearby 7-11 to buy milk. I forgot that I did not clean off the ash cross mark on my forehead. And the Vietnamese priest drew me an ultra thick and black one for added effect. Great, all of Taipei now knows what Catholics do during Ash Wednesday mass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're funny!! Haha...TGIF!