Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Taipei at a total standstill midday

The entire north Taiwan including Taipei grinding to a total standstill at midday?

We practiced an air-raid alert today. The sirens went off and between 1.30 to 2pm, all cars were not allowed to drive on roads, no human traffic along the roads. On the streets, life grounded to a total stop.

I had no clue, as is the general rule here, everything's in Chinese, those not so proficient in Chinese tend to miss too much.

I had gone to the gym over lunch. Then stopped by 7-11, bought a healthy salad lunch and was happily walking back to the office when I got stopped by policemen. They invited me to the police station and ignored my whines 'i have a meeting at 2pm'.. HP was just across the street and they insist I cannot 'just run back to the office' and that I had to 'cooperate with all of Taiwan'. Fine. Here's how close I got back to the office pictorially...

So I pulled out my salad lunch and ate it in a police station. :)

Back slightly late into the 2pm meeting. But this is really good. That Taiwan takes national defence very seriously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great resource!