Tuesday, September 07, 2010

First fight with mom

Yesterday mom and I had our first verbal war.

Mom's prayer group had secured some tickets to the play "A Reluctant Saint" on the life of St Alphonsus.  I said I wanted to go, so mom got me a ticket as well.  She told me, Sep 6 Tuesday.  I wrote down Monday Sep 6 on my calendar. 

Yesterday, Monday, Sep 6 morning as I was leaving for work, she started talking about Tuesday arrangements.  I said "isn't it tonight? I even canceled tonight's conference call!".  She starting yelling at me.

But I have 3 conference calls on Tuesday, first one begins at 7.30pm and they are back to back until 11pm.  What am I to do?  I was exasperated so I said I will pay back for the wasted ticket but really what to do at this last minute?  Then I left the house for work, in a huff.

By the time I had arrived in the office, I felt bad.  So I called her back and surprisingly she was nice.  She said she'll ask Calvin to drive her and her friends there instead and Calvin will use the ticket so no wastage. 

Last night when I got back, she was a little pissed still but she wasn't angry.  Whew!

2 comments:

francis said...

Looks like your mom have learned something while you were away. 1st test....Pass! We should thank God and continue to pray for more to come.

Zi said...

wat's whew? it's either phew or woot. or is it a phewing woot?