Monday, January 03, 2011

Godfrey

hello!


sitting close-by

dozing at my feet

Calvin had found a lost dog, another snautzer, while walking Josh & Toby. He waited in the park with the lost dog for a while then went home.


He asked if mom & I if we would dog-sit Godfrey for a few weeks since 3 dogs in 1 HDB flat is a little bit to manage.

How'd we know he's called Godfrey (means God's peace)? Well when Calvin first saw Godfrey, he was running with a few kids and the kids were yelling Godfrey, actually they were saying "got 3", ie 3 snautzers. After he told us the story, we all had a good laugh, Godfrey is not a typical dog name. My mom better yet, asked innocently, how do you spell it, like "got free"? Groan.

Godfrey is a real sweetie. He is obedient and really easy to manage. Unfortunately, the next day after finding Godfrey, Calvin found a lost dog notice. He was however, very reluctant to return Godfrey and so we kept him another day.

Godfrey has been returned to his owner and his real name is Mazda. It's funny cos he really responds to Godfrey, I tried yelling Peter and Kenny at him, no response.

I miss him already. He was really close to me. Went everywhere with me, even the bathroom. He pokes his head in and leaned towards the toilet bowl. Had to physically shove him back out to yells of 'hey, i need my privacy!'. But the smart dog learns, my next toilet stop, he waited like a good dog just outside the door.

He sleeps on an old bedsheet just by my bed and whenever I nap, he naps. When I watch TV, he dozes at my feet. Every evening he'll get really eager for walks and he'll beg by jumping on his 2 hind paws and try to climb up me, then he'll race to where his leash is and point with his nose. So adorable!


Yeah, I love dogs. But honestly, I don't want my own. I'm blessed enough that I can play with Calvin's Josh (who adores attention), Toby (who needs to inspect the house and everything in it) and Michy's Kino (really smart and super obedient, until you take him out for a walk, then the whole neighbourhood gets terrorized).

Some pictures of Godfrey, mostly of him lying on the floor beneath me.

Thanks Godfrey (or real name Mazda) for the memories the last 3 days.

No comments: