Thursday, January 06, 2011

VO2Max

Started out as a casual chat between 2 belayers at Yishun...  between SJ & myself.  She moved to work in a US hospital but will be back in July for good.

I must've bitched to her about decreasing fitness vis-a-viz my age and she mentioned that VO2Max is different for each individual body.  That she has problems pushing her VO2Max levels up regardless of how hard she runs, compared say to someone else who naturally has high VO2Max.

Hmm... at that point, I realize I missed her!  I recall a similar conversation with her (goodness knows how long ago) about fast and slow twitched muscles and I believe she reassured me that my muscles are mostly slow twitched, hence better suited for climbing than a quick sprint to the finish with Zi.

Yeah, I like talking to SJ cos 1, she is very reassuring & uses technical mumbo-jumbo to make you feel good & 2, she is smart.  Of cos, smart and on your side is always a nice feeling!

Back to earlier topic - need to be encouraging to people around me this year.  Please excuse me now while I go watch 爱, in the process decreasing my VO2Max.

No comments: