Monday, August 08, 2011

Counting my blessings on a Monday morning

Been feeling "yeesh" for quite a while.  The last 3 Sunday sermons were really good at SFX, really like Fr Bosco and yesterday we had Fr Eugene Vaz himself.  Wow!

So I will take their advice and focus on the good things I have, to be grateful for the blessings I have been given.

In no special order
- family.  Being back and with family I can appear before in 10mins for dinner is really nice.  Matty is a bonus.  Cousins gave me some recycled clothes last night.  I love family - especially when you stand to gain.

- sports.  Was a little deprived in Taiwan.  Now I have so much sporting events, it's throwing my life out of control.  I recall sitting at a weekday mass and thinking to myself to have to tone down a little.  I love all the opportunities I have, but just need to regain a little more control.  The more important part is having hard-core friends.  Friends equally crazy, possibly more!

- church.  I miss aspects like reading at mass & Fr Cary's fantastic sermons in Taipei.  But today I have my old ministry which forces me to sit and talk/think/dwell on my faith once a week, there's daily masses I can attend within easy access, multiple Sunday masses to attend giving me huge flexibility.

- job.  When I was without, it was really awkward.  Now, while it's not the perfect role, the company is pretty ok and I love that I am 10mins drive away from Ian's house - so I can tabao lunch over and play with Matty for a while.

- Singapore.  There was a time I didn't care whether I lived in the country or not.  Now I have to admit this place is pretty darn liveable, except for the weather and possibly too many foreigners.  On the cusp of national day, I must say this, Majulah Singapura!

No comments: