Thursday, February 14, 2013

Amazon rocks!

I bought a second clock for the living room cos the bicycle clock I have is all the way across to the far side when I'm half slumped over the couch watching TV.

It's a gold, very retro, very sunny clock which I love!  But alas got not much luck with it.  My first order (via Amazon) never arrived.  Amazon refunded me the $.  I looked around but after a while re-ordered the same clock again cos I really like it.

2 nights ago, the clock fell to the floor and the spines of the sun rays broke off. The hook had come off the wall.  I really need to cement the hook strongly to the wall!

And it is now sold out on Amazon!

In frustration, I wrote an email to Amazon explaining and asking if they can do anything about this.  I got a reply back really fast apologizing, they put me in line for the first clock should this come back available and then provided me a refund on the clock!  Despite me admitting that the clock fell because the hook came undone, it was entirely my fault.  Ok, so I still lose the shipping costs, but Amazon just went over and beyond the call of duty.

I am now a lifelong fan of Amazon and in need of a new clock.  Sigh.

No comments: