Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wed and morbidness

Attended Ash Wednesday mass over lunch hour at St Mary of the Angels (since I can't eat!) and thereafter I went to visit Pa's niche in the columbariam there.  As is my usual habit, I lit 6 tea-light candles for the rest of the family and said a quick prayer.  I notice that within Pa's section (they call it chapels), that there are still available niches - a few.  Wondering if I should book 1 for myself.

I returned to work and M was online and we were chatting so I casually asked her if she wanted 1.  I could book 3 - for C, for herself/I and for me.  Hmmm.  Costs still the same as in 2007 when we moved Pa from Mt Vernon to St Mary's.  Except she won't discuss with me.  She complained that it's still CNY and it's too morbid to discuss.  Ok, I could pick a better time.

Just went to washroom, discovered with horror that the ash cross that they drew on my forehead is huge and very black.  Wonder how many co-workers I scared.

No comments: