Thursday, November 10, 2005

Weekend Retreat


Had a stay-in weekend with the NET team on retreat for Alpha-Cafe 2006 directions. After a bumpy start on Friday evening where the sharing on our uphill challenges ended on a rather depressing tone, it was all great from Sat onwards.

I learnt :
- difference between being a disciple vs being a volunteer
- servanthood - that is an an honour to serve God!
- committment - to take up our cross daily.

The food was great and plentiful. I'm sure I am heavier now. Rooms were brand new and clean and roomie (Emily) was great, spent time chatting alot. Emily also introduced the group to meditation. She said that meditation was invented in the early days by Catholic monks and it's not just a Buddhist thing. I need more work on this, cos after catching wondering thoughts, I caught myself nodding off to sleep!

It was such a refreshing weekend - 3 days just thinking about God.

No comments: