Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Introspective mood

In Jan this year, I had to make a trip to the Philippines and was in Davao - south of Manila. I had half a day off and the tourist brochure in the room suggested a beautiful church set on a hill with grand yearly processions. How very Catholic. The sweet elderly taxi driver took me there, cut the engine and the meter, and proceeded to make himself comfortable to wait for me.

I took my time - said my prayers at the church, at the various shrines. As the church as set on the highest point of Davao (up a mountain), the view it offered of the entire city of Davao was breathtaking. Round back of the church, I lit 4 candles : for me & Hon, for my family, and for 2 of my closest friends who were having relationship problems.

Dawned on me last nite (ok, so it took all year to realise, nontheless) :
1. my baby brother will be marrying Michelle next year
2. Francis is engaged to be married too
3. Moo is happily with Tim

I got 3 out of 4 prayers answered.

No comments: