Monday, December 05, 2005

Running the Standard Charted Marathon 2005

I did it! I ran my 1st marathon! Ok, so my knee gave out at 37k and I had to walk the last few kms, walk thru the finishing line too.. So much for the glamourous finish I had in mind. And so what if I exceeded my target by a whole hour and 20 mins. I set out to run a marathon, trained 18 weeks and endured the balance of time/schedule it took to train.

The race was great - atmosphere and logistics fantastic, kudos to the organisers of the Standard Chartered marathon. I ran a nice constant speed and was overall pleased. I overcame my mental weakness, overcame physical pain and cross the finish line.

Now that my big goal is over, time to focus on my life. I need to better balance the various major components : work, play vs the more impt things : God and people. And very timely too, being Advent and being end of year when one typically gets more retrospective.

1 comment:

kops21 said...

The first one is always unforgettable, no matter how many times you have taken part. You did very well to finish so much within ur expected finishing time.