Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Management of Change

My new manager Edward who came from supply chain has been most helpful. Today he got someone from supply chain, a project manager to come give us a lesson on Mangement of Change.

I thought it might be interesting, plus it offered free lunch since it was scheduled between 12 to 1.30pm.

The guy starts to talk and then I realized he literally was talking about a management of change project.

WTF?

Our whole life's a change! I'm in IT - for goodness sakes!

We're talking about Moore's law and Chaos theory here and he's coaching us about getting a sponser + project manager for a change?

It was too rude to leave after 15mins of him talking, so I ate my free sandwich, complained to Ghee Hwee via MSN, then starting clearing my emails. Tried to type as quietly as I could but I bet that guy was silently cursing me.

So this post is dedicated to Ghee Hwee - she suggested I blogged about it. On hindsight, I think she was trying to get me off her back. Hmm...

No comments: