Monday, May 04, 2009

Long weekends are the best!

Labour day fell on a Friday giving us a long weekend. I had intended it to be a slug weekend - sleep-in and watch movies/tv etc...

As it turns out, I did labour a little - cleaning the house, stocking the fridge up with food/drinks, doing laundry and ironing my clothes. The day to day errands that I've neglected since I started working til late nights the last 2 weeks.

Also I had dinner with Sharon who was in town - we had mala hotpot which gave me the runs. I hate eating mala hotpot with the inexperienced. They kept throwing in raw food and not letting things cook thoroughly... Kinda negated the otherwise excellent mala hotpot dinner.

Saturday, Garin called me and made me go down to Zhongli - 45mins away by train out of Taipei to race each other silly on go-carts. Go-carts here are 270cc, pretty powerful lawnmover engines ;0 Then we came back to Taipei and ate ourselves silly.

As we sat there talking over dinner.. it felt like old times all over again. Not too long ago, it was just me and Garin, exploring Taiwan. Then Vinny and Kuansie arrived here and the dynamics changed... for the worse. We spent some time discussing it, and wondering what exactly happened and how it could've avoided - we put it down to just personalities and differences.

In any case, it was nice having Garin to hang out with again. We met up again Sunday to catch X-men Wolverine.

And just like that, the slug weekend came and went.

No comments: