Thursday, August 06, 2009

工欲善其事 必先利其器

Emily taught me this over dinner just now...
工欲善其事 必先利其器

She told me if I could repeat this just once in my lifetime, I would impress everyone. I think if I did this in Singapore, everyone would go, eh, lu gong simi?

We left office leisurely (except the part where we had to run in/out of taxis cos of the rain and wind), because... TOMORROW'S HOLIDAY! YAY!

Thank you typhoon Morakot! It's heading directly for Taipei - eye of the storm aimed directly Taipei. Packing 144km/h winds, it's enough for all of Taiwan to declare a typhoon holiday - so everyone in Taiwan gets Friday off! Cool! For the first time we were actually wanting this typhoon to hit Taiwan, it's been a pretty dry season and the water levels in Shimen reservoir which feeds most of Taipei has been dangerously low. We were going to face water rationing measures when this typhoon appeared as a God sent.

No comments: