Thursday, May 20, 2010

I like mountains, but what if the mountains are creepy?


I love the fact that Taiwan is very mountainous.  Right behind our building, there's a little mountain called Elephant mountain that is part of a mountain range that extends all the way to the end of Taipei city.

Last Monday, I finished work early, left at 5pm, took a 30min walk up and down Elephant mountain, taking in the spectacular views of the sunset over the city. 

Last night a colleague told me not to go up there anymore.  He said that the last time he went up there, 2 months ago, he found the top crawling with cops - someone had committed suicide up there.  He did mention it to me at that time but he reminded me again not to go up, especially after noon.  Some Chinese superstition.  So I asked casually where do they hang themselves : that big tree on the top, where there are 2 little huts.  That's usually where I sit for a few seconds to catch my breath before heading back down.

So how?  Do I stop doing that?  Or trust in Jesus to protect me?  Hmm....

2 comments:

francis said...

Trust in Jesus !!!

But, really, what are you afraid of? Ghost? the evil one? They have no power over you unless you give them.
It is human beings, the bad guy...robber, molester etc you have to watch out.
Althought this too you can trust in Jesus, but He also give you wisdom to assess potential danger. So be alert, lookout, be safe and enjoy the mountains.

Felicia said...

Thanks. I did go back up Friday evening, it's really a nice walk.