Monday, July 04, 2011

How can a 5kg bundle of baby be that exhausting to look after?

I babysat my 3-month old godson yesterday from lunch til about 9pm - with his parents' assistance until they went out to a wedding dinner at 7.  Between 7 to about 9 when my mom returned to take over, Matty and I flew solo.  Well, kinda solo since Janet the helper, got me 2 bottles and warmed them up for me too :)

But I ran the full gauntlet : fed, burped, changed his stinky diaper, played with him, swaddled him..

You play with him when he's wake, and you think you can nap when he does, but just as I nod off to sleep, he stirs and cries.  Need to carry him til he falls back asleep.

I got home around 10, was in bed by 11, and woke up 9 on Monday morning.

Somehow I feel more tired than if I had ran and cycled long distances!

No comments: