Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good weekend

Saturday
Morning - nice climb with the gals.  Also nice that Belle is back climbing cos we get to use her sui-sui black rope to lead on :)  And I mustered up the blue route without hang-dogging.  Can't ask for more.

Afternoon - half hour nap then met up with Garin & Vinny.  Would've been just like old times, except Garin brought his wife and kid in tow.

Then I swung around to the 6pm Novena.  And that was really good.  I had not been going to Saturday Novenas in a long time. The church was very crowded, yet, some folks left midway through and I managed to get a seat next to a very nice lady who shared her booklet (forgot to take mine out of car) so I didn't have to strain my brains to recall the words to the hymns.  

Evening - bought Popeye's fried chicken & 贡茶bubble tea, then popped by Ian/Michelle's for dinner.  I love Matty - he's so cute!

Sunday
Woke up at 2am thinking it's already 6am.  Blasted bubble tea!  By the time I had to wake up for our usual morning run, I probably slept 3 hours - groan!  Peter picked us both up and we did 16km of Macritchie hills.  Today, Peter ran faster than both Zi & I!  I know - what happened right?  I created a monster.  Yeah - proud of it too :)  Franken-Peter.

It was not a particularly fast run, I felt tired towards the end and could not do the sprint to the finish with Zi (sigh!) but since it's my first long run since the AHM, it was a great start.


Getting home, I managed a short nap before rushing out to mass (sorry Lord, a little late) at St Mary of the Angels.  Afterwards, I dropped by Pa's niche for a bit.  Sorry Pa, it's been a while.  I lit 6 candles from the family including Matty for the grandpa he never had a chance to know.  Sob!  One day in heaven, we will all be reunited.


I'm now very full!  I ate lunch & dinner within 6 hours with just a nap in between!  

As I sit down to prepare the messenging matrix Katherine wanted, I notice that the show-off Danny did it up for China - and it is so different from what I had in mind.  And she replied to say yes, but repeat the same for all the other countries.  Eh?  Should not our messenging be same through Asia Pac (hell, worldwide ideally!).  This is so hard.  I can't predict what's in my boss's head.

Perhaps I should've gone cycling after all.  Feel so frustrated every time I think of work : my inability to predict what's in my boss's head is killing me.

No comments: