Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Everyday I'm Shuffling...

The global economy is starting to head south... Companies are freezing headcounts.  Suddenly no more interviews.  It's harder to keep going mentally, feeling the toil take effect increasingly.

Now on the Cervelo.  After the cheapskate in me realized that I had already paid $250 in GST non-refundable, I decided to keep the bike.  Eventually I accepted the 150pounds Evans Bikes gave me as compensation.  To add mistake upon mistake, I trusted Soon Watt to remedy my missing hub cap problem.  Mave at Soon Watt (probably on seeing the Cervelo) took the opportunity to sharpen his knives and sold me high end hubs - a pair of it, when all I needed was front hub.  And I paid labour of almost $100 to prepare the bike (adjust brakes/align the gears) and he did not even do a good job.  I've now placed a bunch of components on Togoparts, hopefully God blesses me with ready demand so I can recoup the $ lost.

SO, the question everyone wants to know.  How does it feel on the Cervelo?  I must say it is very responsive, quick acceleration is something I now can do, climbs are also easier - all due to 650c wheels.  Yet, I can't maintain speed on the straights.  Not sure why.  The minute I ease off the gas (e.g. air pedal), it decclerate rapidly.  Strange.  On my last ride, I actually slowed to 25-28km/h returning along Coastal Road.  A big drop from my usual at least 31-33km/h on my old clunky Rodalink.

I've only done 2 rides on the Cervelo.  But it's now been bike-fitted and all, not sure why there is no speed increment.  Or have I been expecting too much?

It's lunch.  Turned my colleagues down for lunch - not in mood for small talk.  Will just grab a quick bite in solitude. 

Typical.  It's always a dog's life.  Why does fortune not smile on me?  天啊!

No comments: