Monday, October 31, 2011

Most painful run this season...

My farthest distance this season (Stanchart training).  Ran with Kah Hoe & Simon and so had to keep pace with the 2 guys - pushed me to a faster pace than my usual lazy pace. 

First 10km - 1.14
Second 10km - 1.12
Last 10km - 1.25

Running with these 2 wasn't too bad.  Pushed me onto a good training session.  And there were perks : Kahhoe gave me a banana before the start while, Simon was a true gentlemen.  Gamely cleared the way with the aunty contingent near the Treetop walk sections & chivalrously ran ahead of me when there were monkeys in our path.

And I love Macritchie this time of year.  It's soooo cool and the air smells fantastic.  Some stretches were so picture perfect, I wanted to stop to give thanks to God.

That last 5km was painful.  My calves and shoulders ached like hell, yet amazingly my ITB was perfectly fine.  I need to visit Big John again, sometime this week.

Washing up at the Visitor Center afterwards, I was absolutely knackered and overheard some veterans chatting (I assume MR25 runners) about some of them still on their 100km run.  My wobbly legs almost gave way... 100km means 10 loops of Macritchie hills/rocky terrain and upslopes.  I am impressed.  姜还是老的辣!


No comments: