Friday, October 28, 2011

Omigoodinuts - that really hurts!

Followed Zi to a sports masseur called Big John.

Innocently, I sat there and said, I have 1. ITB & 2. my lower back right-side hurts. 

After that, it was all a blur of pain.  I don't recall too much other than the fact that he made me scream "stop" more than once.  Before John, I have probably only ever stopped a masseur perhaps once ever (excellent & very strong masseur in Taipei). 

Big John found "waste crystals" deposits in my shin muscles - then rubbed very hard to "pop" them... Ow, ow!

Hopefully the pain goes away by Sunday morning cos I need to clock 32km under my revised plan.  (I felt the version 1 didn't build up and taper well enough towards the later weeks).

Question is where to run this Sunday? 
Macritchie - been rainy, so it'll be messy inside. 
East Coast - entire Fort Road to NSRCC unavailable due to Newton Run
Changi Beach Park - CV to end of Coastal Road loop ~ 19km but, uncertain of water points/toilets. 

1 comment:

Felicia Cheng said...

Should've joined Newton run. It's 30km and perfectly fits my training program. Sigh.