Friday, March 22, 2013

Kinetics Gym

Since I moved over to the eastern part of Singapore, the closest climbing facility to me would be Kinetics gym in Paya Lebar.  I know I've been talking about this place for a long while, but I finally visited last night.

I didn't go under the best of circumstances :
1. was meant to climb at Yishun, but Jo canceled on me at 6:30pm citing rain.  I was already in Thomson Road and it was dry as a bone.
2. Michy had taken Matty to play at Changi Airport, so I can't go to dinner with family.
3. Traffic in the north is just horrendous and I got a little lost trying to navigate back to the east.

I wasn't upset at the late cancellation, rather, I was upset because I was already half way there.  Rush hour  evening traffic is not pleasant, that round-about scenic route in bumper to bumper traffic becomes a test of patience.

So I entered Kinetics gym with a stomach-full of frustration.  Yes, it is a really tiny gym so it feels very crowded easily.  Yet, the routes are nice, and the climbers quick to offer betas or their fave routes and ask you to try.  I didn't manage to try all the V1 to V2 routes, it was too crowded and after an hour, I was ready to die.

I will be back.

No comments: