Wednesday, September 26, 2007

I'm a resident of Taipei

I keep forgetting that - I'm now a resident of Taipei.

Am in Houston for 2 weeks and every customs form I fill in and each time someone asks me where I'm from - I get it wrong. The answer should be Taipei, Taiwan - not Singapore. This takes some getting used to.

The other thing that takes getting used to is driving on the wrong side of the road. Yes - I am driving in the US. All you Singaporeans be glad I am far far away. Not only am I a slow driver (I'm doing 40-50miles and astutely avoiding the freeways), but I am a bad one - each turn I make, I gotta remember - keep right. Yesterday was dicey, but this morning I started to drive to work and feeling a little more confident, then yeah, I turned onto the wrong side of the road and had to pull back in a hurry in a busy intersection close to HP. So, back to using the GPS and no radio and just keep to my "keep right, keep right, KEEP RIGHT!!!" mantra.

No comments: