Saturday, September 29, 2007

Working on my butts

I'm really blessed. Aaron sent me a list of where to go, what to do, where to shop and where to eat cheat sheet of Houston. That plus the fact that I have a GPS (trusty lil' old thing) and a car. Hmm...

Working on Aaron's list...
Red Robin - 8/10
the hamburger is just aweeeesome! I ate the whole thing and was so done. Plus
there're free refills for drinks and my server gave me 2 at 1 go. Ooo....

Papasitos - 8/10
boss & I shared 1 appetizer & 1 main. The quesidillas/fajitas are so good... And, she drank the Wave magarita. I was too jetlagged to drink, but I took a sip out of hers. It is strong stuff!

Goodsons -6/10
authentic Southern food. I had the Chicken Fried Steak - which begged the question, is it chicken or beef? They all laughed at me. It's steak - battered up and fried like chicken. Typical Southern style, it came as 1 hunk of meat. I much preferred the bun, very dough-y.

Red Fish - 6/10
Japanese. Ok, this ain't on Aaron's list. It's a Japanese seafood place. My skin's already trying to adapt to the drier air here, I didn't want shrimp which will aggrievate my eczema balance. Went with Salmon - was ok.

Papa BBQ - 7/10
Copied Donna and had the BBQ beef. It was so tender, it falls apart when I stab it with my fork. This one I could finish...

I'm sorry I have no pictures - I'm with my co-workers and/or my boss and didn't want to appear like some teenager with an incessant need to take pix and blog about it afterwards. Well, I do have an incessant need to take pix and blog about it afterwards.... but it's about the IMPRESSION. I am a professional on a work trip in Houston. If I say this often enough, I will believe it and so will the world.

Oh and I did try 1 feeble attempt towards countering all that food - I get free access to Life Fitness which is just behind the hotel (by American standards, it means you drive 3mins down the street). It was a huge gym full of machines which I cannot work - where is Yz when you need her?! Oh and they have a rockwall too but it was closed that evening. Dang.

No comments: