Saturday, October 06, 2007

Greeted home by Typhoon

Another typhoon - 4th this season greets me. It's nice to have someone (thing?) meet you at the airport. I did however get a great taxi driver who literally backed into the main door & deposted me and my 60pounds of lugguge dry and at my doorstep. Can't ask for more. I have his name card - the best taxi driver I've met thus far in Taipei.

Typhoon Krosa lashes Taiwan, halting air and sea traffic
- from the China Post. It's stronger than the last one which gave us a holiday ;) but as it hit Yilan - which is real close to Taipei, it's really windy and rainy right now. Probably stay in, unpack, nap and do chores like laundry.

The last 2 weeks in Houston was nice. It was good to meet the extended team in Houston, plus I got to eat my brains out with hamburgers, tex-mex (I love tacos and enchilladas), pizza. I added 1 kg butt (pun intended) my body fat went down - probably due to the 3 guilt induced gym visits. The Hilton Garden Inn gives you free access to a huge 24hr gym just behind it.
Nice to be driving again - I miss driving! Just that driving on the wrong side of the road took some getting used to.

3 comments:

Zi said...

hey ur hair's getting longer!!

but derek's hair's getting shorter

Felicia said...

i sure hope he's not reading this...

Zi said...

eh i din't say lesser.

he just got a bad haircut.

damn.. this is example of 越描越黑 -_-