Thursday, October 25, 2007

Lee Ang's "Lust, Caution"

Ashley gave me free tickets! Yay Ashley!

Taiwan being a more sophisticated society, showed the movie in its entirety - read no censorship.

Personally I thought the sex in it was pretty unnecessary, isn't the movie about war and the underground resistance against the Japanese occupation? The steamy sex scenes took away some of the message - or at least I assume that's the message Lee Ang had.

Garin seemed to enjoy those scenes alot - he even noticed details like how she didn't shave her armpit hair, how you can see Tony Leung's balls... Maybe the Catholicness in me blocked my vision, I caught nothing!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_features/lustcaution/trailer/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ARE YOU KIDDING???!? Anyways, I saw the censored version in Spore and found the movie very 'blah'. But guess what, the authorities has given clearance to screen the uncensored version under RA(21) now. I think it's just a plot to make more money.