Monday, January 14, 2008

My 1st Race in Taiwan and in 2008

I woke up at 5am, walked 15mins into a chilly 14degrees dark, damp morning to run my 1st race - Nike Run 2008 here in Taipei.

It was kinda strange cos everybody was jogging around, up/down, all jiggly.. and when the starting gun went off, they all took off like jack rabbits. I was thinking, wow, Taiwanese run fast... Then at the 4k mark when people starting walking, I realised why.. They were cold. At 14degrees with a chilly wind blowing and wearing only dry fit t-shirts, it was freezing.
Of cos kiasu me wore a jacket. And I kept my windbraker on the whole time. Are u kidding me? It's 14DEGREES C!
It's a 9k run and I clocked just over an hour - not great, but then again considering not running in months, it was good :)
Also, Garin and I found a go-karting place this weekend. We raced.. and came in last and 2nd last. Sigh.. I think we're growing old when racing scares you. Yes, I was scared. These are 270cc karts, and very speedy on a very windy track.

No comments: