Thursday, May 15, 2008

Palo Alto, California

I forgot to bring my residence card while leaving Taiwan for US. Some difficulty at customs and I was almost tempted to go home. To be forced to spend 1 week with my yucky co-workers was not something I looked forward to anyways...

But being the responsible employee that I am.. I went nontheless. :(

And I discovered I love California. It is so me! People here cycle to work on their racers - I drool at the bikes. We tried to walk to the nearby mall - Stanford Shopping Centre, the hotel folks said 10min walk. I am guessing Californians are very athletic people, it took us almost half an hour. Then again, we walked a little, whined about how tired we are, and how we only see trees and no buildings..

And I discovered I do get jetlagged. 1st time in my life. Slept at 1.30am, woke up 3.30am. Nothing I did helped get me into bed. Read newspapers, read Bible, read emails... GROAN! At 6am, I gave up and took brisk jog in the park across the hotel. (Brisk cos it is COLD in the mornings!) Many Caliornians up and about - cycling, jogging... I love it here!

Last night we had dinner at Santana Row. It was so cool.

Now, how do I get myself a job here in Cupertino or Palo Alto? Anybody?

On a similar vein, Steph got herself a job in Cupertino! You go gal! I will be visiting! She's finally making up for the fact that she refused to transfer over to Seoul 2 years ago. (Cos I love Korean food and I need free accomodation when I visit - hey, it's not always about you u know!).

My ride to SF airport was a stretch limo.... Jesus loves me! (see left pix)

My ride home from Taoyuan airport was a van... Sigh! (see right pix)

No comments: