Thursday, May 08, 2008

Turbulence

Clear air turbulence weather (CAT), colloquially referred to as "air pockets", is the erratic movement of air masses in the absence of any visual cues, such as clouds. Clear-Air Turbulence is caused when bodies of air moving at widely different speeds meet; at high altitudes (7,000-12,000 metres/23,000-39,000 feet) this is frequently encountered around jet streams or sometimes near mountain ranges.

Turbulences can be compared to little irks in life that bugs you but what's worse, it causes you to takes your eyes off the more important things in life - that destination you were heading for. We need to keep our eye on the prize and not sweat the small things in life - the air pockets!

It's funny what you think about while flying... ok ok, the digital entertainment on Cathay Pacific sucks. And the fact that it took half a day to get across the Taiwan Straits is simply ridiculous. I hope President Ma gets direct flights between Taiwan and China going soon!

I'm in Shanghai for OOBE (out of box experience). And we rode Shanghai's Maglav trains from the airport into the city. So, for the 2nd time in so many days, I got to ride another high speed train. Unlike Taiwan's version, Shanghai's operate on magnetic levitation to float on rails instead of the conventional steel wheels. It hit top speed of 305km/h - and I just learned that it goes up to max of 400km/h in the day time (I landed at night). Guess I'm on the Maglev back to the airport instead of cabbing in.








And my Hyatt on the Bund hotel room is really nice. Traveling within Asia is always so nice...
Of cos when in China, there's time for a massage every night. They have the best massage spas, at affordable prices and the best part, open til 2am every night. Sharon told me to go to the Dragonfly. That I went back 2 nights in a row speaks for itself.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I know...I love going to China just for the massages. I'm going to Beijing this Sat, and I can't wait to go for massage! BTW, did you watch the news? There was an earthquake in Shanghai this morning!!! Then again, you live in Taipei...you'll probably wake up, realise there's an earthquake, and then doze off again.

Anonymous said...

Oops...can you delete the repeated postings? I click on the button too many times!