Sunday, May 04, 2008

Labour Day Long Wknd Getaway in Taichong & Sun Moon Lake

A few 1sts this weekend.
- finally rode the high speed rail! It is FAST!
- made it out beyond Hualien into Taichong
- visted the much talked about Sun Moon Lake
- scootering

Was pretty fun except Sun Moon Lake was er.. hohum boring. I suppose the heavy rain affected our experience, but I honestly didn't think it was all that it was made out to be. Anyways, the high point of Sun Moon Lake for us were the foot massage - I like all massage :) and scootering which scared me sh__.

I got lazy with picture taking this trip... The hotel rooms were pretty decent, esp the Sun Moon Lake accomodate - it was nice. I would recommend it to visitors. Here're my few pix -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/8062670@N07/sets/72157604879391371/ Kuansie took loads more pix - I'll try to add a link to her website if she parks them up.

Ran in this morning's Supau Cup - no championship tags and it was super crowded. Was warm too (which I suppose is way better than the 14degrees I did in January's Nike Run). Clocked a slow time - 1.01 same as Nike Run. I will work on this - my gym membership starts in June after my US trip.

No comments: