Monday, November 10, 2008

It's officially winter!

It's interesting to have seasons. It's also interesting that now we can dig out our winter jackets again.

What's not so interesting is the feeling of being cold. I had a pre-taste.

Went for a weekend getaway with Emily & Ghee Hwee at the Green Island. It was hot and balmy when we left on Friday - felt like 30degrees in the day. So all I packed was a cardigan. Winter arrived somewhere between dive no. 2 and dive no. 3 ; between Saturday late afternoon and Sunday morning.

Water temperature on Saturday was 27-28degrees C ; Sunday was 25-26degrees C.

The sudden cold front brought with it high waves... The ferry ride out of Green Island made me sick enough to barf. So much for the big lunch I had :(

Blues drove all the way from Taitung back to Taipei. We stopped at Hualien for dinner - ate a big meal again, then started to wind through the mountains. I felt sick all over again.

Yeah, it was a fun weekend all in. I still feel slightly queasy but it'll pass... or so I hope.

PS I need a thicker wetsuit.. my 2.5mm wetsuit is suitable only for Singapore/Malaysian waters.

No comments: