Monday, November 24, 2008

My 1st weekend as a 38-er

Post birthday dinner with Vinny & GH turned out to be a 2-parter dinner. Yeah, Vinny was nice enough to let me choose the restaurant and I was torn between Persian (Iranian) food and this French restaurant that had pretty good reviews on some blogsites. And he being the foodie, we ended up eating at both, not in the same night of course!

Friday night, it was Persian Heaven.
Address: 1, Ln 61, Hejiang Street, Taipei (台北市合江街61巷1號)Telephone: (02) 2517 1603.


The barbequed meats tasted pretty good actually. And there was meal-time entertainment, this belly dancer whose wobbly bits troubled me.. I like my muscles rock hard and taut please!

Then French on Sunday night, L’Idiot, address: 台北市民生東路3段156號1樓(近敦化北路口)156 MinSheng E Rd Sec 3 Tel 02-25456966. The 8 course set meal was excellent! Saturday was a hang out with the gals evening with GH & Emily - the 3 of us hung out, ate a fantastic dinner GH made (her shepherd's pie was simply awesome), watched DVDs, baked cookies all night. I stumbled home at 2-ish am.

Counter-efforts vs the good food this weekend, I managed a half hour run at the gym after morning mass & also climbed on Sat. Vain pathetic losing efforts against the bulge.

No comments: