Saturday, July 31, 2010

First business trip with Motorola

I traveled a total of 17 hours over Thu to Sat!  I'm pretty sure I have DVT!  I miss those Taipei foot reflexology places.

Learnings :
- visited a factory building walkies, different from PCs for sure...  way lousier conditions, but nontheless a big eye-opener
- sat through a price re-negotiation with an OEM (so famililar, the same excuses even!).
- revisited HK after Cal moved back in 2002.  Long time since I came back.  HK looks great, I wished I had more time around town
- business travels in Asia is nice - nicer hotels ;) Sheraton rocks!
- I hate making small talk.  The 2 Irish colleagues I'm with are interesting.  Been in Moto for 20-ish years, got loads of experience but they are also talkative (ironical, work for walkie-talkie), talk non-stop for 4hrs over dinner.  There's a story for everything... Groan.  E.g. what do you do for sports, oh, I run... He goes, oh I know this Olympic runner...

The road crossing from HK to Shenzhen... when I took this picture, my Irish colleague went 'there goes felicia, hell bent on getting  us all arrested'.  they are so funny!

The view from my room in the Sheraton Shenzhen... wonderful ain't it ;)

No comments: