Tuesday, February 07, 2012

回台感触

After a year away from Taiwan, it is really reassuring to know it still feels like home.  It's like I never left.  Went to the bank and the teller greeted me, talks to me like as if I never left.  Went to mass and the folks there greeted mom & I warmly, and gave us the honour of bringing up the communion bread & wine to the altar.  Rae, Jon and Maggie had a fantastic lunch with me - driving all the way from Nangang to Xinyi.  Honda and I had a nice time talking about mountains again.  Rae drove us around saving us the walk in the rain Friday night.  Luca took us to a great Italian restaurant.  Vinny was nice and gallantly carried our shopping bags til he fell sick after Jiufen.

I am glad and comforted.  I missed out the folks at the Wanghua gym.  Also Ashley & Yvonne - no time for them.  Sigh...

Next trip back, ideal case, return alone - no fuss, no pressure, no more tour-guiding!

No comments: