Saturday, February 18, 2012

Leaving California tomorrow

It's been a great week.  Great on all aspects.  Work, colleagues, a fantastic boss who's also a great person (do these exist? apparently yes!), good company, I drove around safely, I got my to-buy list (3 pairs of men tracks shoes! and tons of baby clothes).  Funnily enough I didn't enjoy shopping at all my favourite shops this time around.  But oh well, save $ :)  I love driving around in the evenings though, very chill, mountains on 1 side and the coast on the other.  Sigh.

And as I left work, boss said something to the effect of me coming to Irvine once a quarter.  Sigh.

On my last evening here, I had no mood to shop.  I dropped by a bike store - drooled at the new Treks, browsed their clothes (not much selection), then picked up a pizza and came home via a short detour to top up my petrol tank.  Yeah, was back in the hotel room by 7:30pm.  Would've been earlier except I couldn't figure out how to open the fuel tank flap thingy.  I searched for 10 minutes, went to the pump operator to seek help and he walked out - poked the tank flap thingy and it sprang open.  *slap forehead* Then I couldn't get my credit card accepted (apparently US credit cards are linked to a zip code) *slap forehead more*.  The gas pump operator's son helped me refill.

The rest of the week was really smooth.  My blood pressure stayed low.  I slugged out of the gym even though I had my running shoes and gym clothes packed. 

One last slug night and then it's back to normalcy. 

Now that I had a week's space, I finally can put my finger on what's the problem with Singapore.  It's  not the warm weather that drives people nuts.  It's the sense of claustrophobia you get from everyone & everything around you, in your face, seeking/demanding/asking for attention.

No comments: