Tuesday, February 14, 2012

US trip after 2 years

I had a good trip here despite not flying SIA.  Full flight on ANA going to Narita and full flight on United to LAX - miraculously both flights I had an empty seat beside me for a little space and privacy.  You rock Jesus! Arrived none the worse for wear since I need to drive.  I'm driving a VW Jetta, in chilli red, just like Roar.  Driving a sedan again feels weird, unlike Roar, it's so low I feel I am dragging along on the road.  But I am bitching the small points - have my own car, have a nice hotel room, get to be here the whole week.  It's great.

Day 2, met up with my boss, first face to face meeting and he is as cool as I imagined him to be.  Very smart, very charismatic.  Walked out of meeting room and this guy had his little dog in the office.  Wow.  It's a little Chihuahua.  Startups really are different from the big companies.

I really like Socal, perhaps almost better than Nocal.  The weather is nicer (read, warmer).  Although I came in to a cold front and it will be low 50s for a couple of days (10-ish degrees C), but I'm either in office/mall/hotel and only in the open getting in/out of car, so no big deal.

Alas I have evening conf calls, but Wed/Thu/Fri nights are gonna be shopping nights - woo hoo!  I have already noted down addresses : Walmart, Mission Viejo mall, and a bike shop.  Most of all, get some private time alone.  Sigh

No comments: