Friday, March 02, 2012

When tired, slow down?

I am tired all the time that it's become an annoying refrain.

1. I don't rest sufficiently for a long enough time for the fluey symptoms to go away completely since CNY.  So my lung capacity is really not there - I can't believe I raced last Saturday wheezing like an asthmatic patient.

2. I can't give 100% to my new job - unfair to the company cos I'm usually too comatose to think and patiently trawl through the emails.  I survive, but I'm not thinking of new ideas the way I used to cos my head is too throbbing usually.

3. Need to sleep more too.  Staying up late at nights to play Scramble til my coins run out is a poor excuse.
4. Need to practise my jaw exercises more.  Been lazy and hence no improvement.
5. Need to get to daily mass more - I have stopped my morning/noon mass routine.

Just as I have been thinking all these last few days, the Elephant's back decided to spasm up from all the torture she subjected her muscles to.  She's now on forced rest for a couple of weeks.

Common refrain?

Simplify and rest?  Which was my initial goal, to compete in less races this year, balance exercise with life and God better.  I'll take this good reminder.

No comments: