Thursday, April 05, 2012

A life goal being realized...

I engaged Ian/Michelle/Matty's services to view shortlist house no. 3.  While they were remarkably good with the first 2 houses, this family was very distracted this time around.  Matty wanted to play with the seller's cat, the 2 goldfishes in their tank, and the seller's tv remote controllers...  Then I noticed Ian/Michelle admiring the seller's art pieces, playing with the cat... -__-

Despite that, plus the fact that the house does not have a balcony (nice to have), and is really small and yet not cheap...  That same evening, I made an offer, the next day, we have pen-ed the deal. 

I'm still wondering where to hang my bicycle in the new place...

This morning, I signed the home loan agreement with HSBC.  So the next step is getting the lawyers into the picture to draw up the sale of the home.  After that, I guess I need to engage a renovation contractor.  I've started browsing the 2 home decor magazines I bought over lunch yesterday - feeling the excitement now.

I must say, I feel blessed in this whole process.  That my housing agent is a friend makes things so much easier - we talk openly.  My family (Matty and his parents) have been most supportive and helpful with ensuring I cover the loose ends.  Close friends have been kind, giving me helpful tips and advice.  Even the home loan process was good.  Peter and I agreed to stick to his bankers who will give him a referral bonus, which we will then share :)  After Peter sent me every agent from every bank, I did my due diligence, working a spreadsheet to figure out the best deal.  The best rates were from HSBC which incidentally was the most proactive agent who called me by my name (most agents don't even remember details of the case after they sent me a quote, nor do they call back, while some are just totally rude).  HSBC was a clear choice.  It has been smooth thus far. 

No comments: